[Peace] Win Without War: Call Rep. Davis Now: House votes TODAY on Yemen war!

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Nov 14 18:14:43 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kate Kizer <info at winwithoutwar.org>
Date: Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Subject: Call Rep. Davis Now: House votes TODAY on Yemen war!
To: Robert R Naiman <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org>

BREAKING: the House will decide TODAY whether to allow a vote to end U.S.
support for the war in Yemen. We need to flood Congress with calls NOW!
[image: Win Without War]

BREAKING: the House will decide TODAY whether it will vote to end U.S.
support for the war in Yemen. Call now and urge Rep. Rodney Davis to keep
this vote on the table >>
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/call-rep-end-war-house?source=em20181114_call&t=4&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY>

*Robert: This is our chance to make sure the House gets to vote on ending
the starvation of millions in Yemen.*

Champions in the House are pushing through a resolution that could end U.S.
support for Saudi Arabia and the UAE’s bloody war and man-made famine.

*But we have a major problem. Paul Ryan is trying to prevent a vote through
a backdoor maneuver to squash this resolution — and the House will decide
today whether to let him strangle our vote on Yemen.*

The tide is turning on Yemen in a big way. If we can get the House to take
a real vote on ending this war, *we* *could actually win the vote.*

*But I’m not gonna lie: We’re facing an uphill battle to defeat this
backhanded move and keep this Yemen vote on the House’s agenda. So we’ve *
*got** to step on the gas and drive major grassroots pressure if we're
going to beat** today’s underhanded maneuver.*

Call Rep. Davis and demand he vote NO this afternoon, then keep pushing to
finally end U.S. support for the war >>
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/call-rep-end-war-house?source=em20181114_call&t=5&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY>

<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/call-rep-end-war-house?source=em20181114_call&t=6&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY>

*Congress must vote to force Trump's hand and end U.S. support for this
brutal war before it's too late.* Thousands have already died because the
Saudi-UAE coalition is bombing hospitals and school buses, and blocking
lifesaving food and medicine — all with U.S. support. Now, the United
Nations is warning that half of Yemen's population - *14 million people* -
could die of starvation by the end of the year. All because the U.S.
refuses to rein in Saudi war crimes.

*We absolutely cannot let powerful war hawks stop us from getting a real
vote to end U.S. support of this brutal war.*

In March, our grassroots activism nearly passed a resolution to end this
war in the Senate, against all odds. Then, last month, the terrifying
murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by the Saudi government threw an
international spotlight on Saudi Arabia’s horrible civilian bombing
campaign in Yemen.

And just days ago, the Trump administration made the jaw-dropping
announcement that they intend to stop refueling Saudi coalition jets — a
complete 180 from earlier this fall when they straight-up lied that the
U.S. was not helping bomb Yemeni kids.

*We have the momentum to win votes in the House AND the Senate in the
coming weeks — but only if we can defeat today’s underhanded attempt to
shut us up. Our representatives need to hear from us immediately about this
surprise trick.*

Call now and urge your rep to vote no TODAY on squashing a vote on Yemen >>
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/call-rep-end-war-house?source=em20181114_call&t=7&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY>

Thank you for working for peace,

Kate, Cassandra, Tara, and the Win Without War team

*Donate
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/719?refcode=emfooter_em20181114_call&t=1&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY>*
[image:
Like on Facebook]
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/10?t=2&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY> [image:
Follow on Twitter]
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/113?t=3&akid=2891%2E325488%2Ez7aLeY>

Win Without War is a project of the Center for International Policy.
1 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
(202) 656-4999 | info at winwithoutwar.org