[Peace] Defend the Migrant Caravan!

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:10:35 UTC 2018

[ANSWER Coalition]<http://www.answercoalition.org/?e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=1>

On Sunday, the U.S. Border Patrol fired tear gas into crowds of fleeing migrant families at the border in Tijuana. Nearby a mass march arrived at the U.S. side of the border chanting "let them in!" The two mobilizations to the border — one representing right-wing nationalism, militarization and oppression, the other representing international solidarity — reveal the two possible directions for the country, and the world.

[https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/answercoalition/mailings/2608/attachments/original/san_diego_picture.jpg?1543300015]ANSWER marches in San Diego.

ANSWER chapters in San Diego and Los Angeles mobilized fully for the pro-migrant, pro-refugee demonstration at the Tijuana border crossing. Responding to a Call to Action issued just days before, ANSWER chapters across the country sprung into action and helped organize rallies, marches and other events in 25 cities. Actions spanned far and wide, from in front of a Border Patrol station in Baton Rouge to a federal building in Salt Lake City, from the Mission District of San Francisco to a T station in Boston, from the border crossing at El Paso to a major thoroughfare in Springdale, Arkansas.

All this work, and the expanding reach of ANSWER into cities and towns across the country, is possible because of supporters like you! There are no multi-million dollar foundations that keeps the organizing going year after year. This "Giving Tuesday" we ask for your support in continuing to build the movement against war and racism!<http://www.answercoalition.org/donate?e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=2>

[https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/answercoalition/mailings/2608/attachments/original/46679866_1993864154245843_3698833484651954176_o_-_Bryan_Ellis.jpg?1543298352]Bradenton, Fla.

[https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/answercoalition/mailings/2608/attachments/original/20181125_130037_-_John_Peter_Daly.jpg?1543298379]Baton Rouge, La.

[https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/answercoalition/mailings/2608/attachments/original/PSL_rally2.jpg?1543298593]El Paso, Tex.

While Trump continues to play to the most racist and right-wing elements in his base, stirring up a frenzy against the struggling migrants as “invaders” and “criminals,” more working-class people in the U.S. are fighting back and saying, "No!" ANSWER, as one of the few stalwart anti-war forces that for 17 straight years has stood up against U.S. interventions, coups and wars has an important role to play in this movement. To those who want to resist Trump's reactionary domestic program we offer an international perspective that links the injustices at home with the Empire's abuses abroad. In all 25 actions in which we participated two days ago, we emphasized that U.S. foreign policy created the crisis in Central America that gave the impetus to the caravan.

ANSWER has been mobilizing, educating and organizing ever since we formed three days after the September 11, 2001 attacks to oppose the coming war on Afghanistan. Your contribution helps build and grow the most reliable and consistent anti-war organization in the country. <http://www.answercoalition.org/donate?e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=3>

Now, even as the Pentagon sends troops to the border, the changes of another major war are still looming. The Pentagon adopted recently a new national security doctrine that targets both Russia and China for "major power conflict." The idea of a war with such huge countries may seem unimaginable, but that is what they're preparing for in practical terms, and Donald Trump would be at the helm.

This challenge can be met, but only with your support. ANSWER organizers are building their networks and organizations in cities throughout the country. But we count on the financial support of you<http://www.answercoalition.org/donate?e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=4> and other people of conscience to help fund this effort.  We know your share the same values and commitment to rid the world of the scourge of war and racism. Like you, we know these are perhaps the most pressing and urgent needs of our time. Your support for this movement has never been more important.<http://www.answercoalition.org/donate?e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=5>

Together we are building this movement for justice!

[https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/answercoalition/mailings/2608/attachments/original/donatebutton.png?1543292366]<https://answercoalition.nationbuilder.com/donate?utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&utm_medium=email&utm_source=answercoalition&e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=6>

ANSWER Coalition · United States
This email was sent to karenaram at hotmail.com<x-msg://30/karenaram@hotmail.com>.
You can also keep up with ANSWER Coalition on Facebook<http://www.answercoalition.org/r?u=27Ax0UmWOX2J8J_QwK9Z6pVjLZabr4g9ZXztxeBBrCPIlB0TLnMTi9sBZQVhkB1h&e=34e47c8f266e39ec7d3a5d2b76038f9f&utm_source=answercoalition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=giving_tuesday_2018&n=8>.