[Peace] AWARE demo - Saturday, 2-4pm - let's end US war on Yemen

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:48:39 UTC 2018

Tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month, and AWARE has our monthly
anti-war demonstration, 2-4pm, corner of Main and Neil in downtown
Champaign.

Karen and I suggest that this demo be a call for the US to end its
support for the war on Yemen and to insist that Saudi Arabia and the UAE
likewise cease their participation.

Just Foreign Policy and others have been urging us to call our Senators,
and now also our US Rep., to support War Powers Resolution bills which
would require a full-up Congressional vote on use of US military force
there:

https://www.change.org/p/senate-invoke-war-powers-to-stop-saudi-from-starving-yemeni-kids/

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/force-vote-on-saudi-war?source=c.em&r_by=1135580

Unless someone else has a flyer about this, Karen and/or Stuart will aim
to make one - that at least urges people to call our Senators and Rep.
Davis.   Davis won't likely listen, but he may be uneasy about losing
his seat, so who knows.