[Peace] Tomorrow, Sunday, 4-6pm, 'drop in' seminar on immigration begins

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 00:30:55 UTC 2018

Hi friends---*School for Designing a Society* invites you to a weekly
community “drop-in” seminar on global/local immigration:
*"How can investigating issues about immigration lead to further/new
activist interventions in Champaign-Urbana?"*

Sundays (beginning Oct. 14 until December 2-- Come when you can)
4-6pm
School for Designing a Society
122 Franklin St., Urbana, IL
<https://maps.google.com/?q=122+Franklin+St.,+Urbana,+IL&entry=gmail&source=g>

(tea and coffee provided)

*Seminar Sessions will include these questions and formats:  *
- discussing how the atmosphere around immigration has changed (or not) in
the past 6 months; how can we use this change?
-how can we connect the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court
Justice with the escalation of ICE activities?
- if we were to make new lawn signs around immigration policy, what would
they say?
-who benefits from current US immigration/deportation policies?
- if we make weekly puppet shows on immigration performed at Urbana’s
Farmer’s Market, what would be new content?
- Trump has proposed a new regulation called ‘Public Charge Rule’—what
is    that, and what actions should we take?
- testimonials by emigrant neighbors
- collecting news reports about detentions/deportations/travel bans
- collecting  info about working conditions in places where immigrants work
- analyzing right wing exploitation of anti-immigrant sentiment around the
  world
- researching pro-immigrant organizations in Illinois
- looking at labor organizing as it relates to immigration
-

This seminar is being organized at no cost to participants.
For info or to RSVP, please contact susanroseparenti at gmail.com

--
*Susan Parenti*
*Educational Coordinator *