[Peace] [Peace-discuss] Fwd: Peace & Life: Gosnell Movie/Unwelcome/Elections

Anne Parkinson bjornsona at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 14 23:16:41 UTC 2018

carl: your basic point that the peace movement needs all the people it can get is true.

However, the world is not black & white, there are so many other colors.
It is possible for all people to be involved in the peace movement while keeping their mouths shut about their other opinions.
 I find myself sounding like everyone who has ever held back on something and said "wait for." Perhaps peace is the thing we have been waiting for too long while we try to fix everything else.

Your movie producers have little credibility. Take a quick look at their past productions: "FrackNation,"(described as the Michael Moore movie for the "other side" on Wikipedia), "Mine your own Business," (miners want their jobs of course, while the movie was paid for by the mining company) and "Evil, Not Wrong," (climate-change science might be correct, however it is evil to put limits on environmental destruction when it harms job retention and creation.) The actor playing the title character was the main character in 6 seasons of FX's Justified. I saw the first season of Justified - what I could stand to watch of it. Justified rates up there with many of the most violent, nasty shows out there today.

Ironic that actors and producers involved in a movie many people might say would support a "seamless garment of life" have spent their last ten years promoting destroying the environment and creating a television show the old Catholic ratings would put at the worst of their list. I feel like taking a shower every time I hear the word "Justified", that's how evil that television show is.
Note of course that this movie has two women producers supplying cash, and one of the producers also had input into the screenplay. There is one woman listed on the movie print ad. Everything else seems to be men: actors, story by, etc. Also interesting that you found a group called "Rehumanize" led by someone named "Herb". Great group name. Why not led by a "Jennie?" Why not "Feminists for Life?"
This all smacks of unconscious patriarchy and ownership. A movie that  over-dramatizes how pre-born, pre-made, pre-washed, pre-diapered, pre-fathered, pre-assembled babies are aborted after 16-20 weeks here sometimes is not going to show  babies being killed by the millions in the Middle East and South Asia. That movie is not going to connect at all about how  20 different countries and/or ethnicities - i guess it is more by now- are involved in our oil corporation conflict and how the death numbers are vastly understated.
Meanwhile we can use get plastic cups made from oil at the movie theatre for our Cokes. Or are the cups recycled plastic now?

Anne.P.S. I may continue to use "carl" instead of "Carl" . It feels so much better thinking of men in the lower case - rather like a Second Sex.  I don't know why.  Perhaps I am simply tired of the same old *&^