[Peace] Fwd: Julian Assange Arrested

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:49:24 UTC 2019

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2ab5175e797cf44579dae2f21/images/bb2daefe-8834-4ef2-8587-b63c0ef190e4.png]

Julian Assange has been arrested by British authorities after years in the Ecuadorian embassy. Keep in mind EVERY charge against him has been dropped except for evading arrest, and the UN put out a report calling his confinement "arbitrary and illegal."

The U.S. will now try to get him extradited so they can lock him away in prison for the crime of journalism. If you value ANY kind of journalism or freedom of press - even independent reporting online - you should be standing up for Julian Assange. It doesn't matter whether he once said something you don't like. Journalism is on trial here and anyone in media telling you otherwise is a bought-off hack.

There will be a protest at the British embassy in Washington DC today at 5pm.I will try to livestream from that event. You can watch it at Facebook.com/LeeCampComedian<http://facebook.com/LeeCampComedian> (if they don't block it). Hopefully we'll then put it up on Redacted Tonight's youtube page.

If not now, when?

Keep fighting,
Lee