[Peace] TODAY: Ask Senate Dems to Stand with Bernie & Warren against Pentagon Bill Backed by Trump/Pelosi

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 17:12:43 UTC 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Erik at Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 11:04 AM
Subject: TODAY: Ask Senate Dems to Stand with Bernie & Warren against
Pentagon Bill Backed by Trump/Pelosi
To: <naiman.uiuc at gmail.com>

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jYI6HOb4VttCs5XFUc4b%2F%2Fcf%2FVAuMhc6>

Dear Robert,

Nancy Pelosi and House Armed Services Committee Chair Adam Smith
crammed a Pentagon
funding bill through the House last week that increases the military budget
and doesn’t end the Yemen war.  You can see which House members voted no on
the NDAA here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Bx4Z7bXPtvBXwdi19ePc4QCNcY5yqyU4>
and who voted yes here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pfsyuFFTV7d%2Fkqm3pDyMXQCNcY5yqyU4>
(click
on the images and scroll to see the full list).

Rep. Ro Khanna gave a powerful speech on the House floor
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=n3Oo0qxnq00AqRBA9Q%2B6kQCNcY5yqyU4>,
calling it "Orwellian" that some Democrats would actually call this $738
billion military bill “progressive”.

Now it’s the Senate’s turn. And what’s really interesting about the Senate
right now is that five Senators are running for President, and two of them
are Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, who both have denounced this bill
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AVjjyXc4bbxKhA5KGB0pAQCNcY5yqyU4>
and pledged to vote no. This is going to generate media attention about
which Democrats vote with Bernie and Warren against the Pentagon and the
Yemen war and which Democrats vote with Trump and Pelosi. Obviously, we
want those stories to say that Senate Democrats are standing with the
leaders who oppose insane Pentagon spending and the brutal Yemen war, not
that Senate Democrats sided with Trump and Pelosi and in favor of endless
military spending and war.

This is the *final push on this year’s NDAA* - we need your help!

If you have Democratic Senators, we need you to call them tomorrow (Monday)
at 202-224-3121 and report your call here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sttutV1BgBxjXSonFzqf%2Bvcf%2FVAuMhc6>
to help us keep track of how Senators plan to vote.  Demand Progress
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=btId61jseZgXD5h7kGRV0ACNcY5yqyU4>
and FCNL
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hP1tMIeqypfO1MsowVaoywCNcY5yqyU4>
are also urging calls this week!

If you are on Twitter, please retweet this tweet to Democratic Leader
Schumer
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xsOFPmTgb5DK0FhsH6L41ACNcY5yqyU4>.
Every time it is retweeted, his staff receives a notification that another
person is urging him to vote no.

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Erik, Sarah, and the Just Foreign Policy Team

[image: Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6zW4C2PgD5Cup5LB%2B%2FuTqgCNcY5yqyU4>

© 2019 Just Foreign Policy