[Peace] AWARE on the Air #487 notes

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 25 14:43:54 UTC 2019

Again, thank you to J.B. Nicholson for placing programs and links on the Peace List, for all to view with ease.

I especially liked Carl’s reading of the Andre Vltchek article related to China. While Andre goes a little overboard  painting China as Utopia, it is a perfect contrast to the usual propaganda received from western media, which includes Al Jazeera. China is making progress in all areas.

I am especially fond of Vltchek, not because his writing is often beautifully poetic, but because he has a very sharp eye. He did an article on Thailand about six years ago, which impressed me, given his very astute analysis unlike so much of the propaganda we usually see in relation to the politics of this US aircraft carrier in SE Asia. He didn’t do what most journalists do, including those who live there, or reside in the region, focus on receiving their information from western embassy personnel, locals whether Thai or expat, or worse yet, the Foreign Correspondents Club.

 Having lived in that nation for twenty two years, I knew what we were being told wasn’t real, but was only able to discover upon doing the research and discussions with Thai exiles, residing in the US due to their politics. The problems related to poverty and exploitation have existed in Thailand for decades even century’s, but very few see it for what it is, focusing on palace intrigue and Party politics. Little different than here.