[Peace] [Peace-discuss] AWARE on the Air #487 notes

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 01:06:44 UTC 2019

It is important we have the conversation, and I understand your reaction to Vltchek, as one who is skeptical, as we should be when too glowing a picture of anything is presented. I think his disgust at US propaganda vilifying China, has led him to over compensate.

When in China, I was privy to one of those villages being displaced, as my employer was constructing a nuclear power plant for the Chinese government, in the vicinity. The people resisted, hating to move, even though the new dwellings were superior to that of their village. Chinese culture requires they stay close to the land of their ancestors, and the tombs, so the dissatisfaction of moving, often has more to do with their ancient cultural practices, than quality of their new accommodations.

It’s unfortunate that dam building is often very necessary infrastructure improvement, and when its done “not for private profit,” as it would be here, but for the good of all, it requires acceptance.