[Peace] Please sign the petition

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 13:49:12 UTC 2019

U.S. Out of Africa! Shut Down AFRICOM Petition
[https://assets.change.org/photos/1/ih/lh/NqihlHyoGnpHvGs-800x450-noPad.jpg?1538378452]
[https://assets.change.org/photos/9/vv/fp/gLvVfPJtRqzXscz-48x48-noPad.jpg?1538252190]
Black Alliance for Peace<https://www.change.org/o/black_alliance_for_peace> started this petition to House Armed Services Committee<https://www.change.org/decision-makers/house-armed-services-committee> and 3 others

Pétition En Français<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/us-out-of-africa-petition-in-french>                      Die Petition Unterschreiben<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/us-out-of-africa-petition-in-german>
États-Unis, Sortez de l’Afrique!   USA raus aus Afrika!

Petición En Español<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/us-out-of-africa-petition-in-spanish>                          ký tên thỉnh nguyện!<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/us-out-of-africa-petition-in-vietnamese>
Estados Unidos Fuera de África

Arabic<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/us-out-of-africa-petition-in-arabic>
الولايات المتحدة خارج إفريقيا! عريضة إغلاق AFRICOM

October 1, 2018 marked the 10th anniversary of the U.S. Africa Command - AFRICOM - that was created on October 1, 2008. The total estimated cost for AFRICOM in 2018 is $236.9 million.

AFRICOM’s establishment began the new scramble for Africa, an effort by the United States to practice full spectrum dominance over the entire continent with thousands of U.S. troops now stationed in some 30 African countries with dozens of U.S. bases across Africa. The governments that have allowed the U.S. to station U.S. troops and bases in their countries have relinquished their sovereignty to the United States empire, whose goal is to prevent independent forces from emerging and to establish hegemony over the entire continent.

Therefore, we, the Undersigned, join Black Alliance for Peace (BAP)<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/usoutofafrica/> in its demand that AFRICOM be immediately dismantled. We say that AFRICOM is an integral part of the military industrial complex, that we oppose an embodiment of U.S. imperialism, and it is therefore a great danger to the people of Africa and the world.

We demand that the members of the Congressional Black Caucus immediately convene congressional hearings on AFRICOM and that the United States close all of its military bases in Africa and cease using it to house drone bases and other means of state sponsored terror. Part of AFRICOM’s stated mission is to “promote regional security, stability, and prosperity.” But its very nature precludes the development of any of these conditions.

We say no to U.S. interventions anywhere in the world and to the continued presence of military bases outside or inside the territory of the U.S.  We say no to any African government which may agree to house the AFRICOM headquarters. Such an act would be a betrayal to the cause of independence for the entire continent and would be a further act of aggression against African people.

U.S out of Africa!

End the War on Africa and African people in the U.S. and abroad!

Stand with the People – Oppose War and Militarism in Every part of the World!

Close all U.S. and NATO bases!

Start a petition of your own
This petition starter stood up and took action. Will you do the same?
Start a petition<https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source_location=petition_show>
Updates
<https://www.change.org/p/house-armed-services-committee-put-an-end-to-the-u-s-africa-command-africom/u/24291337>

Like and Retweet the facts about AFRICOM

Push this petition. Build the mass movement against both militarized domestic state repression, and the policies of de-stabilization, subversion and the permanent war agenda of the U.S. state globally....

[https://assets.change.org/photos/9/vv/fp/gLvVfPJtRqzXscz-128x128-noPad.jpg?1538252189]
Black Alliance for Peace
2 weeks ago
View all updates