[Peace] [Peace-discuss] AWARE monthly demonstrations

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 23:46:27 UTC 2019

I think Bob’s on to something here.

A group address by AWARE to our elected representatives will point up the fact that the wars we've objected to for 20 years are not isolated events but the result of conscious, calculated and continuous US government policies. They do not depend on the vagaries of any of the US presidents of the last 20 years - they would have occurred even if their opponents had been elected.

These criminal wars - in the interest of the US 1% - can be defeated only by arousing the native anti-war and isolationist sentiments of the US public, who are consistently misled by the corporate media.

So Bob’s suggestion of a public informational campaign, using the organs of local government, has merit. We should plan for it. —CGE