[Peace] Stay in the race Bernie Sanders. America needs you now more than ever

Debra Schrishuhn deb.pdamerica at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:07:34 UTC 2020

 *Stay in the race Bernie Sanders. America needs you now more than ever*

By Alan Minsky, Executive Director | Progressive Democrats of America

Progressive Democrats of America calls upon Senator Bernie Sanders to
continue his presidential campaign until the end of the 2020 primary season.

We understand that many Democrats are calling for Bernie to drop out. They
say that Joe Biden is so far ahead that the time has come for party unity,
for focusing on Donald Trump.  While we agree about the necessity of
defeating Donald Trump, we arrive at the opposite conclusion: The
Democratic Party, and all Americans, will benefit from Bernie continuing
his campaign in this historic moment.

The severity of the COVID-19 national emergency has changed everything in
this election year.  Coronavirus has revealed, with tragic consequences,
the failings of our public health institutions and economic safety net – in
ways that Bernie Sanders has been warning against for decades. Thus, it
comes as no surprise that Bernie’s platform directly addresses these
failings; in marked contrast to his rival’s.  As many observers have noted,
with each passing day the COVID-19 pandemic is proving the wisdom of the
Sanders agenda.

Full text:
https://pdamerica.org/stay-in-the-race-bernie-sanders-america-needs-you-now-more-than-ever/