[Peace] Recommended NFN/AOTA videos, notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Jul 1 00:31:01 UTC 2020

Here's what I recommended for playing during the News from Neptune/AWARE on the Air
timeslots with corrections for Sacoolas' name & details of her killing 19-year-old
Harry Dunn in the UK last year, and expansion of a point oft-repeated about Assange
and the 1st Amendment. UPTV's Jason Liggett said that the first 3 listed will run
during tonight's AWARE timeslot and the last 4 for this Friday's News From Neptune
timeslot.

Afghan war: Russiagate lives on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvEpHCOrnRc (25m 55s for the whole segment but the
first 14m 16s is this story)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGY7J0eOVKA (3m 22s focusing on the NY Times portion)
-- NY Times criticized over anonymous sources who claim Russia pays bounties in
Afghanistan to kill Americans. George Galloway reminds us (in the longer version
above) that this NY Times/Permanent Government claim is projection: this is what the
US did in the 1980s to kill Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3LFbOSPfrE -- (36m 7s) "Afghan War Exposed: An
Imperial Conspiracy", Abby Martin's latest Empire Files segment on the history of the
ongoing war in Afghanistan and our chances for ending that war (spoiler: it will
never end).

Assange extradition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCi-7K-xCo -- (28m 8s) "Ramifications for press
freedom in Julian Assange extradition"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OICpoYkO78 -- (5m 2s) Are the newest allegations
against Assange merely smear tactics? Also covered is Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a US
intelligence officer. Sacoolas killed 19-year-old UK resident Harry Dunn with her car
outside RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire in August 2019. Sacoolas fled to the US for
cover trying to avoid extradition to the UK to face murder charges. This brings up a
double-standard for the US: the US won't extradite a CIA agent's wife but it wants a
non-American (Assange) who published from outside the US (WikiLeaks is not an
American-based organization) to face American interpretation of American law.

Related: https://www.rt.com/usa/493394-soros-ngos-blocked-supreme-court/ -- RT's
article about a recent SCOTUS ruling denying "federal funding to billionaire
financier George Soros’ international anti-AIDS organizations, ruling that in order
to access the federal cash, the groups must explicitly oppose prostitution". An
interesting point which caught my attention appeared to me to connect this to
Assange's case by way of Justice Kavanaugh's majority opinion which said "foreign
affiliates possess no First Amendment rights":

> Because plaintiffs’ foreign affiliates possess no First Amendment rights, applying
> the Policy Requirement to them is not  unconstitutional. Two bedrock legal
> principles lead to this conclusion. As a matter of American constitutional law,
> foreign citizens outside U. S. territory do not possess rights under the U. S.
> Constitution.

and

> In sum, plaintiffs’ foreign affiliates are foreign organizations, and foreign
> organizations  operating abroad possess no rights under the U. S. Constitution.
Julian Assange is an Australian national, and WikiLeaks is a foreign organization
operating abroad (outside the US and its territories). So it seems to me that there
is disagreement between those who hold that the 1st Amendment (which allowed the New
York Times & Washington Post to publish the Pentagon Papers) also allows WikiLeaks to
publish the Iraq & Afghan war logs (the publications at issue in Assange's case).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKq4pPiVkI -- (14m 42s) Elwood has a different take
on the recent Assange allegations from the US government: USG is trying to tie
together Anonymous (which recently released information about who has connections to
Jeffrey Epstein) with Assange hoping that any ill will you feel for Assange will
carry over to Anonymous and thus discourage you from finding or believing any
information Anonymous publishes.

Economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDf2SktV8NM -- (2m 33s) Millions of gallons of milk
are thrown away while dairy products are in high demands in stores because the US
government won't reorganize how we handle such products to deliver direct to the
consumer (or give the soon-to-spoil product away gratis) during relatively low-demand
times while schools and restaurants close for pandemic lockdown.

-J