[Peace] AOTA & NFN recommended videos

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Jul 26 01:38:44 UTC 2020

Videos I'll recommend for airing during AOTA & NFN. I highly recommend watching them
all, even the ones UPTV doesn't end up running.

Greyzone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG17cgS2-sU -- (30m 29s) Aaron Mate interviews Afshin
Rattansi (host of RT's "Going Underground") on the UK government report which claims
Russian interference in UK elections but does not back the claims with evidence. The
committee putting this report together are a series of known neocons, western
government propagandists, and liars (including Christopher Steele, author of the
widely-debunked Russiagate report). The highest levels of establishment media repeat
the baseless allegations and the allegations have considerable consequences for war
profiteers and calls for censorship of social media & UK broadcast networks that
don't fall in line such as RT, as Rattansi points out.

This is more of the journalism that won Mate an Izzy award. Russiagate allegations
continue from establishment media (which certainly includes Democracy Now since that
show went from challenging this kind of narrative to being another member of the echo
chamber).

RT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaUPbLhW38 -- (3m 7s) Caleb Maupin's RT report on
the coming end of eviction moratorium from federally-backed rental units, the related
job loss figures (and trend upward again), and a quote from Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
trying to lay the blame on Senate Republicans for policy we need but aren't getting.

What's missing from this report is any mention of any of the following:

- a national jobs program,
- Medicare for All (including no mention of the 2 extant bills which could be brought
to the floors of the House & Senate and voted into law if there were the political
will to do this),
- a Universal Basic Income,
- the trillions recently added to the economy (most of which went to the already
wealthy),
- and that there is bipartisan agreement that we ought not have policy which benefits
the poor.

Jimmy Dore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzkRP7FySUY -- (37m 22s) The myth of two parties, the
baseless racism argument against Pres. Trump only works if we ignore continuing
bombing people around the world, and the lack of Medicare for All & a Universal Basic
Income. Dore interviews Nick Brana, who coordinated a series of protests at
Congresspeople's houses demanding a stimulus consisting of a UBI, rent relief, and
mortgage relief and received no establishment media coverage. According to Brana no
establishment media covered this.

Glenn Greenwald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgxK9w5DSvQ -- (1h 52m) Greenwald examines the
Bolivian coup which installed a neocon and neolib government. You won't find coverage
of the Bolivian coup in many places, certainly not a lot of coverage in the
establishment media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXDPPkuRimQ -- (40m 28s) Greenwald on how "elites are
distorting the 'cancel culture' crisis". Some criticism of the recent Harper's letter
here too.

-J