[Peace] Adolph Reed says:

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:42:39 UTC 2020

David

I understand what you and Adolph Reed are saying, and it should be noted, Adolphe Reed is African American and likely targets African Americans when speaking.

Let me now express my simple interpretation and opinion:

While we may not support the organization BLM given we know they are funded by the DNC and Soros as they support neoliberalism, and their criticism of Bernie for his stand on decommodification of education, etc. was counterproductive to helping African Americans, as well as working class white Americans, nonetheless I don’t propose opposing them.

Many of the people protesting BLM are not part of or members of the BLM organization, they are simply people opposing racism against African Americans, nothing wrong with that. Yes, when it first began those of us opposing our many wars in the Middle East, and the massacre of millions of Muslims, cried out “all lives matter,” meaning “what about the millions we are killing now elsewhere in the world who are also not white?”

Today by saying “Black Lives Matter,” it is now inclusive of indigenous peoples everywhere, as opposed to just white lives mattering.

You are absolutely correct the many problems are a class issue, not a race issue, and by making it just about race, not to negate African Americans have been targeted and suffer worse due to conditions of poverty and racist policy’s,  continues to create division between the masses and becomes counterproductive as it ignores the cause, thus preventing solutions.

Promoting people of color to positions of power initially was thought to be progressive, and it was as it provided opportunity to many, but not enough, certainly not all, and it supports the power of the ruling class providing them with tokens of diversity, as we know, power and money corrupts.

One would think the Obama presidency with his failure to address the ills of African Americans, and working class, his expansion of the Bush wars from two to eight, bail out of the banks and wall street, as well as the implementation of the NDAA which now legitimizes the Trump administration bringing federal troops into cities across the nation to kidnap, incarcerate or just terrorize protestors, would make it clear neither Party has concern for the lives of working class Americans.

The lives of the majority of working class Americans, whatever their race, continue to deteriorate as we fight among ourselves. Therefore we must keep our focus at all times on our system of capitalism as the culprit in need of change.