[Peace] A desperate plea to save lives

Niloofar Shambayati niloofar.peace at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:58:49 UTC 2020

I'm pleading with you all not to dismiss the Urbana Park District (UPD)'s
horrific and cowardly plan to slaughter the migratory and resident geese
who're currently at Crystal Lake Park. The issue here isn't whether one
likes or hates geese, rather do our utmost to uproot the culture of
violence that upholds systems of privilege by o*thering *those who're
portrayed as different and undesirable. This is what UPD has been doing by
spreading lies and ignoring non-violent options several experts have
suggested to them.

The brutality and gruesomeness of the process, which USDA would execute, is
shown *In Defense of Animals's *video clip -I don't suggest you watch it,
if you have the power of imagination: IDA video clip
<https://www.idausa.org/campaign/wild-animals-and-habitats/latest-news/slitting-the-necks-of-geese-is-no-harvest-for-charity/>

 Please write to UPD staff and Commissionaires to demand they rescind their
decision and implement the www.geesepeace.com program of population
management (https://youtu.be/LzXN9ZCiWo0) with the of its national director
and volunteers, who've offered their labor and expertise. We've only one
week before the geese start to molt, during which time they can be
captured, thrown in the back of a truck, and gassed.

The staff in charge of the plan, Derek Liebert*:* daliebert at urbanaparks.org

UPD director*, *Tim Bartlett*: *tabartlett at urbanaparks.org
<%20tabartlett at urbanaparks.org>

UPD Commissionaires: