[Peace] DMFI: Bowman's thoughtcrime = "hold the Israeli government accountable"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:13:04 UTC 2020

So, this is what DMFI's Mark Mellman is using his GOP PAC money for. This
is his "oppo research file." Jamaal Bowman has committed a terrible
*thoughtcrime*. He said "we have to hold the Israeli government
accountable." What was he *thinking*?

Commenting on this DMFI mailer, a Jewish constituent of Engel writes:

'Sadly, the Democratic Majority for Israel PAC that has been pouring
hundreds of thousands of dollars into the congressional primary on ads and
mailers filled with cheap and flimsy attacks on Jamaal Bowman, has stooped
to a serious new low. Today in the mail, a flyer from DMFI claiming,
falsely, that Bowman "supports cutting aid to Israel" and labeling him as
"anti-Israel." As a Jewish supporter of Jamaal's, and a member of The
Jewish Vote which endorsed him, I am doubly outraged. "We have to hold the
Israeli government accountable" (a quote they attribute to Jamaal) is not
an anti-Israel statement, it's actually US foreign policy. To my fellow
Jews living in the district, please reflect: if you think Israel's
settlement policy is an obstacle to peace, if you think more annexation of
Palestinian lands is a bad idea and will endanger Israel's future as a
democracy, if you think that US aid to an ally should include asking that
ally to abide by human rights laws--the DMFI thinks you too are
anti-Israel. The truth is, a majority of American Jews think all of these
ideas are common-sense. it's time we put this reactionary and divisive way
of politicking to bed.'

[image: image.png]