[Peace] Tonight: Urbana Park Commissioners vote, with no pain, to KILL THE GEESE

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Wed May 13 02:39:33 UTC 2020

[image: download.jpg]
Hi friends—Despite eloquent testimonies by towns-people AGAINST “Charity
Harvest’ (the procedure that kills geese and tries to give away their
carcasses as ‘meat’) the Board of Commissioners, aided by UPD staff, voted
unanimously and with no stir of conscience to go ahead with killing the
geese in June/July. AS spoken by Rohn Koester, the problem with Crystal
Lake Park is not the geese, it is the Park District, and its inability to
listen and speak with the community. Wow—so tonight was a perfect example
of that.

Some of us who spoke tonight, and protested today at noon by the park,
really want to go ahead with protests, street theater, and awareness
raising. It turns out that social distancing is really fun when we’re
protesting—it makes us look like a much bigger group because we’re 6 feet
apart! I miss you guys.

So tomorrow at 12 noon we’ll once again meet at park Street and Broadway
for an hour, and plan and plot in between talking to the cars going past.
(Today EVERY car honked in favor of our message to not kill the geese, save
for one grumpy guy. )

And we’ll start planning on meeting. I look forward to street theater in
the park, to raise awareness and fun!

Let me know if you want to be part of this.

And geese, we will try so hard to prevent them from killing you, killing
us. Though I might sound cheerful, I’m absolutely trembling with sadness
for us, for you.
Susan

--
*Susan Parenti*