[Peace] My letter to the local news:

Predmore, Janice C jan at illinois.edu
Sun May 24 19:32:16 UTC 2020

Your letter is wide ranging, drawing in several topics that seem off topic.  We’re contemplating a burgeoning flock of geese in our park.

That the suggestion of removing a part of the flock has you thinking about recent wars (which I agree are awful & disgusting) is unfair to press on our park board as their responsibility to somehow ameliorate.

My reaction to your claim that draconian measures to control population has never been effective ... just think back to your years in this area and count how many black bear, bobcat, common rat snake, and for that matter how many Native American families are you aware of ?

In my opinion the numbers of Canada Goose in Crystal Lake park must be reduced.  There will remain enough so that we can enjoy both them and the park. I support our hard working & thoughtful park personnel in the decision to reduce the flock numbers .

Without malice,
Jan

Sent from my iPhone