[Peace] Fwd: Karen's Letter on Slaughtering Urbana's Geese

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 03:54:08 UTC 2020

Ron,

I might not have found the good people of this community concerned with the geese to support in their efforts, but I personally would oppose killing the rats, and skunks as well as geese. I’m sure there is a means of controlling them, also without bloodshed.

I would never kill mice either, when they entered my kitchen nightly in Bangkok, I captured one every night in a cage then released it in a field, near food stalls with garbage. Seventeen nights, seventeen mice.

In Thailand they didn’t kill the stray dogs or cats either, and they were over run with mangy strays, more dogs on the streets than we have squirrels in our parks, eventually they dedicated a huge field, after neutering, for them to live out their lives in peace without reproducing. Thai’s are a very peaceful people from whom we could learn a lot.

 Many Thai’s won’t kill insects, I admit I do kill insects when they enter my domain.

Now aren’t you glad you asked?