[Peace] Let’s Go After the Death Star. Let’s Take the Speaker’s Gavel Away From Pelosi

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sat Nov 7 13:16:23 UTC 2020

Let’s Go After the Death Star. Let’s Take the Speaker’s Gavel Away From
Pelosi

Let’s be honest with each other. We’re never going to end the wars, we’re
never going to bring our boys and girls home, we’re never going to cut the
Pentagon budget and use the money to build and fix American things in
America for Americans to use and enjoy, until we take the Speaker’s gavel
away from Nancy Pelosi.

Nancy Pelosi is pro-war. Nancy Pelosi is pro-Pentagon. Nancy Pelosi is
pro-Saudi. Nancy Pelosi uses her power as Speaker to perpetuate war and
steal our tax dollars for the Pentagon and its contractors to fatten
themselves with. What else is there to say? We have no hope of any
meaningful progress ever on this front unless we’re willing to fight the
people who are always cramming Nancy Pelosi down our throats.

When Nancy Pelosi impeached Trump for holding up the Javelins to Ukraine,
somebody asked Nancy Pelosi why she hadn’t impeached Bush for the Iraq War.

Nancy Pelosi answered without hesitation. She didn’t miss a beat.

“Because I didn’t see that as an impeachable offense.”

That’s Nancy Pelosi in a nutshell. What else is there to say? She’s a tool
of the Pentagon-industrial complex. She’s a tool of the people who always
want more war.

They used to say about John McCain that John McCain never met a war he
didn’t like. That’s Nancy Pelosi, only wearing a Democratic jersey and
moving in the shadows like Mack the Knife. She’s the Joe Lieberman of the
House. Only more subtle, covering her tracks, publicly presenting as a
scourge on Republicans while quietly collaborating with the Republicans who
want endless war.

Suppose that we fail now at taking down Pelosi as Speaker of the House. So
what? Wouldn’t it be better to try, than to be so cowardly as to not even
try?