[Peace] The Coming War with China

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 00:06:13 UTC 2020

Mort

In respect to your first paragraph, I will just repeat my statement previously with new or rewritten additions in red.

In answer to your comments: I’ve read info. from liberal former State Dept., Officials, that there are those who question where we are headed in respect to China. Others are planning talks with Russia, to pull them further into the US orbit, this was the US strategy in the late 70’s in respect to China, when Deng Xiou Ping visited DC, shortly thereafter invading Vietnam with US approval.

It’s quite unlikely to succeed this time, given “russiagate," and the friendship based upon mutual need, between Russia and China since at least 2012. China has the money, Russia has the military power, and Putin/Lavrov are very smart guys, they know the plan had been to takeover Russia first, then China. A takeover of China would be merely a reversal of that plan, and too obvious. Wm. Blum in 2016 noted, Iran is a stepping stone to Russia.

I believe the US is attempting regime change in Russia, in hopes of a more Yeltsin like leader, coming into play. By “Yeltsin like” I mean, puppet of the USG. In other words, yes, unless the US were to succeed in attaining regime change in Russia, they would help China, as they know they would be next, just as they went into Syria to help the Syrians, and Iran. Russia is also along with China helping the Venezuelans.

As to Europe, already our European allies are backing away from us given economics and trade with China, now taking precedence.

The question is will China react militarily to US provocations? They are generally not open to confrontation, they don’t want war, they want to do business and make money, so they keep on building while we keep on destroying. However, the Chinese know well their history of humiliation and will not allow it again. If the US interferes with the BRI as they no doubt are planning, and take control of the Malacca Straits, through which all shipping and commerce must traverse through that part of the world, blocking imports of oil or minerals, which are necessary for production,  China would retaliate,

As to Taiwan, China has no intention of attacking them, there is a lot of business done between Taiwan and China, in spite of US provocations. It’s insulting that the US refuses to accept Taiwan as part of China.

A tidbit from my past: When working in Shanghai, I was in a meeting with an official from the Chinese Energy Dept., I asked him why they had not provided a visa for a particular individual I had just hired for their project, and his response was, “your government just delivered 4 F-16’s to Taiwan.” The fact that they were cutting their own throat hadn’t occurred to him, until this was pointed out, diplomatically, the visa then came through. This was in 2008, a form of retaliation I learned that had been going on for quite a few years.