[Peace] The US final stage of decline

karen aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 15 16:11:25 UTC 2021

Given the US decline into poverty, and chaos, supporting wars abroad devastating and destroying so many there, as well as here, one might say the American people are stupid to have allowed this to occur, which is what many non-Americans do say. I prefer the fact that keeping people poor, or indebt, working non-stop to survive they're too busy to think about politics, or to notice what is taking place elsewhere in the world.

The incremental changes being imposed over time impoverishing the working class, often go unnoticed until it's too late, unless there is a vanguard offering leadership and education to tackle government abuse and oppression. The lack of non corporate owned media and our manufactured consent, is an important factor as well.

Sadly, we lack a significant third Party to challenge our one Party corporate owned system, operating as if two. What is required is a vanguard, or leadership as we once had, during the thirties, to organize the working class, to "think" about politics, and to challenge the system.

They were able to pressure the Roosevelt Administration into providing much needed changes, such as seen elsewhere in the world. Fear was the catalyst that brought about the 40 hour work week, social security, etc. It was done to save capitalism.

With the destruction of our unions, and the Communists Party's by way of McCarthyism since then, and the creation of a "synthetic left," by the CoIntel Counter Cultural program of the CIA., people were led to focus only on their individual needs, and some local social issues, denying the reality of material conditions as a whole, on a national and/or global sphere. This places the whole of the working class in a state of dependency and despair, whether the issue is healthcare, shelter, debt, jobs, climate change, or war.

It's critical that we unite and focus on the need for system change as the US empire of imperialism dies, if we hope to survive what's to come, be it catastrophe due to climate change, economic depression, or WW3.

K. Aram