[Peace] from Wired: Special Series: A History of the Next World War

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:15:28 UTC 2021

Dianna

Not to deter anyone from the series, but avoiding war with China is very simple.

Stop our provocations by:

1) Removing our warships from the S. China Sea, placed their during Obama’s “Pivot to Asia,” along with

2) Closing down our many military bases in the Chinese environment, around 400-600, I believe. We have between 800-1,000 US military bases outside the US, while China has only one recently built in Djibouti.

3) We could also stop our military air and sea provocations in and around Taiwan. Selling weapons to Taiwan is another provocation.

4) Stop our interventions by way of NGO’s etc. in H.K. and surrounding nations.

5) Stop the insulting rhetoric and accusations alone would certainly ease tensions. There is more which I’ll leave to others if so inclined.

According to Alfred McCoy in his “Shadows of the American Century,” the Rand Corp.Think Tank,” has claimed we will be at war with China in 2030. While I find it difficult to believe any nation would be so public in reference to planned attack, we have certainly been provoking China, in hopes they will do a first strike, they won’t.

Do we really want war with China? According to some Pentagon Officials, every military game has us losing to China, and given they are nuclear armed, it would be insanity.

We are likely hoping for “regime change,” with our provocations, etc. but that is unlikely as they continue to flourish economically in spite of our sanctions, covid, coming of AI, etc.

What we have to fear is “accidents,” which could put us on the path to war and oblivion.