[Peace] In opposition to mutual self destruction, an alternative.

karen aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:42:27 UTC 2021

Mort, I couldn’t agree more, with your analysis of the USG.

I trust the authors intent. Yes, he worked for the USG, did two assignments in the USSR, was friends with Karlovsky, and other dissidents so he isn’t pro-Russia. He is a liberal Dem, but anti-war. My friendship with Ray dates back to the seventy’s, I found him on FB a couple years ago, after you posted one of his articles you liked, here on the Peace List. I don’t trust the people he communicates or worked with, but I trust his sincerity.

The technicalities of his suggested solution are where I am weak, and wonder if his suggestion is worth promoting. I see it as similar to Med4all, an alternative to Universal Healthcare. Though I have little or no hope of obtaining either one under our system of capitalism, supporting and promoting alternative solutions, if nothing else, awakens the American people to the possibilities, if we had a government with the will to support the needs of the people rather than their corporate sponsors.

Thanks for your worthwhile analysis.