[Peace] Debunking the alleged gas attack at Douma with Aaron Maté and Jimmy Dore

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Jun 18 00:04:44 UTC 2021

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Tii0hSErIRs (1h 18m 31s) -- "TYT's Pro-War
Propaganda Debunked By Aaron Maté!"

The Young Turks (TYT) alleged:
- there was a gas attack in Douma, Syria in 2018 launched by Pres. Assad
against his own people,
- Jimmy Dore & Aaron Maté are propagandists who can't be trusted[1],
- Julian Assange and WikiLeaks can't be trusted,
- that their interview subject is a "reporter" with relevant
investigative information who can speak to issues involving engineering,
chemistry, and toxicology,
- that the OPCW engineers who were on the ground in Douma and the
measurements those engineers took are fraudulent,
- that the OPCW's officially published conclusion (as opposed to the
OPCW engineer reports leaked by WikiLeaks) is not in alignment with the
US war narrative. That US narrative (which ostensibly justified it's
missile attack of Syria which was coordinated with France and the UK) is
different than the OPCW conclusion because the US allegedly claimed that
their attack was to strike a nerve gas factory, but the "real" attack
was a chlorine gas attack. Therefore the US counter attack was not
justified,
- and that TYT would "show the receipts" with their "Syrian expert".

TYT is doing US propaganda with the cooperation of someone who can't
even be called a journalist (having published virtually nothing before
his TYT interview), isn't from Syria but from Brooklyn, and hasn't been
to Syria to investigate the claims he makes here. TYT does this even
while trying to create an appearance that TYT is anti-war or
progressive. Why does TYT do this? Because "TYT Network, whose flagship
show is The Young Turks, closed $20 million in funding led by growth
equity firm 3L Capital with participation from Greycroft, e.ventures and
WndrCo." which means taking $20 million from Jeffrey Katzenberg (per
https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/young-turks-jeffrey-katzenberg-wndrco-funding-1202518938/).
Per the deep state-edited Wikipedia in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Katzenberg#Political_activities

> Katzenberg is a longtime supporter of Barack Obama. Reportedly
> "smitten" by Obama's speech at the 2004
> Democratic National Convention, Katzenberg pledged his full support to
> Obama in 2006 if he decided to
> run for president.[31] During his campaign, Obama praised Katzenberg
> for his "tenacious support and
> advocacy since we started back in 2007." [...] Katzenberg has been an
> avid fundraiser for Obama, doing
> so while much of Hollywood was still supporting the Clintons. His
> fundraising prowess has reportedly
> allowed him to become an "informal liaison" between Hollywood and the
> White House.[31] Katzenberg co-
> hosted a fundraiser for President Obama at the home of actor George
> Clooney in May 2012. Katzenberg
> said that the event raised almost $15 million, which would make it the
> most profitable presidential
> fundraiser in history.

Katzenberg also has ties to the Clintons -- from the aforementioned
Wikipedia article:

> It was reported that Obama arrived in Los Angeles on October 7, 2012,
> where he joined Bill Clinton at
> Katzenberg's Beverly Hills home for a private meeting with several
> deep-pocketed Democratic donors.

and has donated millions to a super PAC which supported Hillary
Clinton's 2016 run for POTUS. Jimmy Dore said Buddy Roemer is also on
the TYT board (a "corporate board", according to Dore). I'm not sure if
that is the Roemer on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Roemer .

People who spend millions of dollars on media expect to get something in
exchange for that money. TYT's so-called news has veered from making fun
of women for going outside without wearing underwear to lying at the
behest of the establishment. Jimmy Dore said that TYT is likely running
out of money and that TYT is signaling to other donors that they are
worth another investment. There is reason to believe that TYT has far
fewer viewers than their YouTube numbers would indicate -- YouTube plays
political games with some shows' numbers (according to multiple show
hosts who broadcast messages that aren't in line with the establishment
such as Jordan Chariton from 'Status Coup', Jimmy Dore, and the hosts of
'Convo Couch') and the repeated advertising for money sent to TYT
subscribers.

[1] See https://youtube.com/watch?v=iDXxUHOWqos for more on this where
TYT co-host and co-executive producer Ana Kasperian tried to blackmail
Jimmy Dore with an alleged claim of sexual harassment dating back to
when Dore worked at TYT. Her claim to this is debunked in
https://youtube.com/watch?v=iDXxUHOWqos and in
https://youtube.com/watch?v=eobd336wXF0 .