[volunteer] Praire Greens Meeting - September 4th

Tom Abram tabram at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:03:30 CDT 2006

Greetings Greens,

We're having a Prairie Greens meeting tomorrow night (Monday, September 4th)
at 7pm.  We meet in the Independent Media Center, 202 S Broadway, in the
Family Room.  Come through the Elm St entrance and keep going straight until
you enter the room.

State Update:

We've done it!  The Green Party's 2006 Statewide Slate, including Rich
Whitney for Governor, is officially certified for the November ballot.
Thanks to everyone who petitioned, entered data, and participated in the
binder check.

Now we have two months left until the election.  We need to make sure that
we are included in the media, polls, and debate.  We'll talk about how we
can make this happen.

Rich Whitney Event:

Rich Whitney will be in Champaign-Urbana on September 20th. We will be
planning the event at the meeting.

Campaigns:

We have four local candidates in Champaign County and six statewide
candidates.  We will talk about campaign plans, strategy, volunteer drives,
and fundraising efforts.  The local campaigns are looking for volunteers and
campaign staff, so please come and find out what you can do.

Volunteer:

Our door-to-door efforts are starting this week and we need volunteers!  We
could use more volunteers at the Farmer's Market.  Tabling is a great way to
get introduced to the Green campaigning.  If you are interested but cannot
come to the meeting, please let me know.  There is plenty to do.

Donate:

To compete with corporate-backed candidates, Greens need grassroots
donations.  Please consider donating to our local and statewide candidates:

Rich Whitney for Governor - www.whitneyforgov.org
Daniel Rodriguez-Schlorff for Treasurer - www.schlorff.com
Kostas Yfantis for County Board, District 7 - www.yfantis.org
Joe Futrelle for County Board, District 8 - *joe**futrelle*
.prairiegreens.org
Tom Abram for State Representative, District 103 - www.tomabram.org

Here's the meeting agenda (email if you have additions):

1. State update

2.  Rich Whitney event

3. Campaigns

4. Volunteer