[ProParents] More CPL events (figured I'd post them dsince I was there)

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Mon Jul 12 16:13:49 CDT 2004

Me on the Map
(Part of our series of weekly events for "Explorers" in grades K to 2, through the first week of August)

Explorers: Grades K to 2
Tuesday, July 13
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Learn to find your way around by reading a map, then make a great map of your own. Registration is not required.

Wild Foods
(Part of our series of events for "Trailblazers" in grades 3 to 5, through the first week of August)

Trailblazers: Grades 3 to 5
Thursday, July 15
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Want to eat a dandelion salad or taste truly wild food? Visit our nature stations and try something different for your afternoon snack! Registration is not required.

Let's Get Spacey

Explorers: Grades K to 2
Tuesday, July 20
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

David Leake of Parkland's WIlliam Staerkle Planetarium will bring a space suit and talk about all things Outer Space. Registration is not required.

Bugs That Bit, Itched, or Amazed Lewis and Clark

Trailblazers: Grades 3 to 5
Thursday, July 22
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Internationally known (and hilarious) insect expert May Berenbaum will introduce the insects of America's frontier. Registration is not required.

I Spy Hunt

Explorers: Grades K to 2
Tuesday, July 27
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Use your keen eyesight and find the missing treasures in a scavenger hunt, a picture puzzle, and our mystery alphabet cube. Registration is not required.

The World of Flat Stanley

Trailblazers: Grades 3 to 5
Thursday, July 29
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Explore geography, games, crafts, and language with this unlikely * and flat * hero. Plus, find out how you can send your own Flat Stanley to kids around the world! Registration is not required.

Tropical Island Day

Explorers: Grades K to 2
Tuesday, August 3
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Share some Caribbean folk tales, listen to island music, try the limbo, look for hidden treasure, and make a tropical fish craft. Don't forget to wear your tropical vacation clothes! Registration is not required.

Calling All Explorers!

Trailblazers: Grades 3 to 5
Thursday, August 5
2 to 2:45 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium

Imagine you're on a journey with the pioneers. Hear Jean Mendoza talk about journals kept by explorers and Native Americans, and check out some Native American artifacts. Registration is not required.

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A