[Rfu-barnraising] Tower Permit Update

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 17:05:53 CDT 2005

It now appears that the city will require a special use permit for the
towerr. I got them the paperwork they need for this. I think they said
the hearing date will be Oct. 20, but I 'll get an update on that when
things are set-up. So we are still on schedule as far as that part of
the process is concerned, but it will require a bit more work to get the
ducks lined up. There are no problems expected, but like all processes
subject to political pressures, one can't be overconfident yet.

Also, I contacted the nearest Rohn tower dealer and they are putting a
quote together. I should have that by the end of the week to verify it
covers what we need. The cost for the tower itself will be about $1,000.
The dealer is located in the Quad Cities area and we could save a
substantial sum if someone has a pickup and can take the day off to
drive over and pick the tower components up. It will be a couple of
weeks before this needs to be done, but if there is anyone that can
volunteer to pick this stuff up, I'm sure we can pay for the gas and buy
you lunch in exchange.
Mike Lehman