[Rfu-barnraising] Re: [RFU] Update on Barnraising/IMC shows on November 11/12

petetridish petri at prometheusradio.org
Wed Oct 5 18:59:19 CDT 2005

this is great. thanks so much for pulling together this music!  but 2
nights- that might be  a lot... we usually just have one night of
music. sorry i have been out of the loop as you have been making plans.
what time are these groups supposed to perform? and what genre are
they-- barnraisings tend to have a lot of people of widely varying
tastes, that we try to accomodate as best as possible by having a
mix...

i will send a common schedule we use for the barnraisings to start
with. We will modify it some ways to fit this event, but since this is
our 9th event like this, we have a pretty well oiled machine in terms
of what needs to happen when to get on the air by sunday afternoon.
what we have generally done in the past is that prometheus has been
responsible for the entire schedule, except for either a friday or
saturday night benefit music show by the hosts, and also the 2 hour
live broadcast.  if there is a local urbana person that wants to work
with me on it, that would be great- but it is important that there be
just one schedule for the events of the weekend!

our last barnraising had over 80 workshops. Usually we have about 30.
and this one, we will be adding a number on wireless, and probably a
few on indymedia. so nightimes will probably be important plenary
times. time will be very tight and friday night ( the eleventh), we
will need to have a plenary going until fairly late. it could probably
be done by 9:30 or 10...

i am the prometheus person responsible for anything having to do with
schedule, so anything having to do with the program, talk with me!
thanks
pete tridish

On Oct 5, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Jennifer Stewart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The shows group has booked two nights of entertainment for the
> barnraising on November 11 and 12, none of which RFU has to put up a
> budget for. The barnraising staff can get into the concerts for free,
> but people in the community will still have to pay $5 to get in, and we
> NEED to have the community come because the shows group needs to pay at
> least one of the bands, who is coming from North Carolina especially
> for
> the event.
>
> The lineups are:
>
> Friday 11/11:
> -------------
> The Invisible
> The Trembling
> Fireflies
> MJ Walker and Fictive Kin
>
> Saturday 11/12
> --------------
> TBA (possibly the Tractor Kings)
> Bellafea
> Hummingbird
> Mars
>
> The start times will be determined soon, but most likely doors can open
> at 7pm and the music will start at 8pm. Again, RFU/barnraising does not
> need to finance the shows--the shows group will take care of it.
>
> If you have any questions, please email the shows group
> (shows at ucimc.org) or me (jenny at ucimc.org).
>
> Thanks,
> Jenny Stewart

   _       _
pe'tre dish (n): a squat, cylindrical, transparent article of
laboratory glassware, useful in observing resistant strains of culture
in aetherial media.

  petri at prometheusradio.org
  www.prometheusradio.org
  Prometheus Radio Project
  215-727-9620

see more about the stations we just built in
Tanzania!!!www.prometheusradio.org/tanzania.shtml