[Rfu-barnraising] POST OFFICE APPROVES SPACE DIVISION LAYOUT - YEA!!

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sun Oct 9 20:48:22 CDT 2005

After a long and at times tense conversation with the Postmaster ... at
home ... on a Saturday ... she has agreed to sign off ASAP on our space
division layout and we can proceed with construction.

Our sale agreement with the USPS stipulates that we can not build until we
receive sign off on the design from the post office. The USPS approval has
been the weak link in this whole project - and the one I have sweated the
most over (yes, even more than the studio design).

After not calling me back for a WEEK, last Friday late afternoon the
Postmaster left a message for me saying that they did NOT approve of our
design and we would need to go back to the drawing board.  I started
freaking out and resigned myself to cancelling the barnraising after I
heard her message.

But we talked ... and worked it out ... and we are good to go. Happy to
tell you the whole story over a beer sometime ...

I am having our attorney review a sign off agreement and the Postmaster
has agreed to sign it on Monday even though she has the day off.  We
should all shower thanks on Urbana's new Postmaster (mistress?) - Kathy
Burr.  I have invited her to the barnraising and it sounds like she may
show up at our go-on-the-air party.

Myself, Donovan, Bob I, Dave Johson, with input from Belden, are now
working on the construction side of things which need to move fast this
week.  Our biggest goal now needs to be to CONTROL COST.  Donovan is
seeking donations which will help.

cheers,

- Danielle