[Rfu-barnraising] petri in town to talk with y'all about the barnraising!

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Thu Oct 13 14:30:32 CDT 2005

Pete,

If you're talking about the radio schedule when you mention
'programming' I may be able to usefully talk to you about that, being
pretty much the point person on schedule development at this point.

If you're talking about the schedule for the barnraising workshops,
etc., while we've talked about this in meetings, I'm not sure that
we've made any firm decisions, or put a point person on it, feeling
that this was generally in the Prometheus camp [I may be wrong on
this, though]. Incidentally, I have indicated my interest in
presenting a workshop if there's anything I could do that would fit
with your plans, and I understand several other Urbana-based people
have also expressed availability/interest.

I'm meeting with some people for a reading group at 7 this evening,
and I know that I and others would probably be interested in meeting
up, to chat generally, if not about specific barnraising matters, if
you're free around 9pm. We could probably meet/gather at some bar in
Urbana if that were to suit.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

On 13 DFómh 2005, at 14:11, petetridish wrote:

>  hello RFU/ IMC!
>
> ok, here i am in town. i am so sorry i missed your meeting last
> night-- i had a nightmare day at the airports, and they did not get
> me here until many hours later than  planned.
>
> anyway, though, here i am. I will be here until tomorrow around 1
> or 2 pm, and then back monday night until wednesday night.  I'd
> like to meet with a bunch of you individually or in small groups,
> particularly the people who have agreed to take on co-ordinating
> roles for aspects of the radio barnraising.
>
> i'd like to meet with individuals or small groups responsible for
> the following areas:
>
> press/publicity
> housing
> food
> transportation
> technical/construction plans
> programming
> entertainment
>
> I am staying at Danielle's place. My schedule is open as of now. my
> number is 215-605-9297, or i can be reached over email at
> petri at prometheusradio.org Please get in touch and i will pop over
> to wherever you are and meet you!
>
> thanks,
> pete tridish
>

>   _       _
> pe'tre dish (n): a squat, cylindrical, transparent article of
> laboratory glassware, useful in observing resistant strains of
> culture in aetherial media.
>
>  petri at prometheusradio.org
>  www.prometheusradio.org
>  Prometheus Radio Project
>  215-727-9620
>
> see more about the stations we just built in Tanzania!!!
> www.prometheusradio.org/tanzania.shtml

Andrew Ó Baoill
- -
Inst. of Communications Research, U. of Illinois
Communications / Participatory media / Political action
- -
andrew at funferal.org / baoillo at uiuc.edu
aim: funferal at mac.com
+353-87-241-7003 / +1-(217) 384-3142