[Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti} the automation question

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:33:27 CDT 2005

Andy:

This will need confirmation from others involved, but I am hoping to
broadcast a live webcast weekdays from 2 to 3 or 2 to 4 pm.

Best would be a Windows XP computer with Windows Media Player and System
Scheduler (see http://www.splinterware.com/products/wincron.htm
--the<http://www.splinterware.com/products/wincron.htm--the>free
version is fine) installed. It should obviously have its sound card
output connected to the console.

Mike said there is a computer we can use for this, but I am not sure if it
is Windows XP. NT or 2000 would also work, but then we'd have to use VNC
instead of Remote Desktop.

--Gary

On 10/26/05, Andy Gunn <andy at prometheusradio.org> wrote:

> is the station going to be using an automation system? if so, this is
> something we can set up during the barnraising - just let us know the
> details about the system. also, how many computers do y'all have for station
> use - we can set those up as well over the weekend.
>
> thanks,
> -a
>

> --

> | Andy Gunn - Technical and Training Organizer |
> | Prometheus Radio Project - prometheusradio.org<http://prometheusradio.org>|
> | andy at prometheusradio.org 215-727-9620 |

Gary Cziko
Professor
Educational Psychology & English as an International Language
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
210F Education Building
Champaign, IL 61820-6990
USA

Telephone +1-217-333-8527
Fax: +1-217-244-7620
e-mail: g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Web: http://garycziko.net
Gizmo Project: GaryJazz (http://www.gizmoproject.com)
Skype: garyjazz (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk: gcziko
Jabber: GaryJazz at chat.gizmoproject.com
Amateur Radio: N9MJZ (IRLP 4280; EchoLink 8231);

Founder, Station Manager, Program Director, Chief Engineer and Announcer
The Latino Radio Service of La Casa Cultural Latina
1660 AM on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois
(http://latinoradioservice.org)

Founder and Manager
electronic Tandem on Moodle (eToM)
For Language and Culture Exchange