[Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti} the automation question

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Oct 26 14:32:08 CDT 2005

Hi all,

The Acorn Active Media Foundation is planning to donate use of one of our
servers for streaming (and integrating this into the CUWiN wireless network).
We have some parameters we're operating under but would also love help setting
this up to your specs.  We've just finished building the system and making sure
it takes the server software we're loading onto it.  We'll probably follow
something along the lines of:

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialAudioStreaming.html

But if there are techies on the list who would like to be involved with this
effort (especially during the craziness of the barnraising), drop me a line.

In solidarity,

--Sascha

Andrew Ó Baoill wrote:
> You would take an output from the console and feed it to an input on
> the soundcard if you wanted to record the station (or other console
> output) onto the computer, or to create a webstream, etc.
>
> Andrew
>
> On 26 DFómh 2005, at 13:07, Gary Cziko wrote:
>
>> I can't imagine a situation where I would want to do the connection
>> as you suggest.
>

> --
> Andrew Ó Baoill
> Inst. of Communications Research, U. of Illinois
> Communications / Participatory media / Political action

Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President
Free Press       *** CU Wireless Network *** Acorn Active Media
www.freepress.net *  www.cuwireless.net   *  www.acornactivemedia.com