[Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti} RFU Barnraising-Automation Question

Andy Gunn andy at prometheusradio.org
Mon Oct 31 13:28:56 CST 2005

thanks matt, i will check out that program.  hey rfuers!  what do you think of this one?  check it out, maybe we can play with it during the barnraising...  take care,
-a

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Matt The PM wrote:

> Hey Andy, wanted to interject something here after observing the posts on
> the automation system issue for RFU:
>
> Try ZaraRadio.  It's available at http://www.zararadio.com.  Website is in
> Spanish, but there is an English version of the program.  Runs in Windows
> and best of all. . .it's free.
>
> http://www.casaresirratia.com/software/zararadio/ZaraRadio.exe - is the
> download link
>
> Radio Free Nashville *was* using Winamp for a while, but we were seeking
> out an easy solution to start Winamp at prescribed times.  Inititally, I
> was going to use System Scheduler to do this, having the program start
> *.m3u playlists at certain times.  When the *.m3u playlist was started by
> System Scheduler, it would open Winamp and start playing automatically.
> However, this concept was a bit tedious running two programs to do one
> function.
>
> ZaraRadio combines these functions into one simple program.  Playlists can
> be created, saved and started at defined times.
>
> I downloaded this program and have had it running over the weekend with no
> problems. Using Remote VNC, you can manage the system and create 'emergency
> playlists' in case of no-shows, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
> WRFN-Radio Free Nashvlle

|  Andy Gunn - Technical and Training Organizer  |
| Prometheus Radio Project - prometheusradio.org |
|    andy at prometheusradio.org   215-727-9620     |

| Come to our next radio station Barnraising and community wireless |
| congregation!  November 11 to 13, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.     |
| Prometheus Radio Project * UC Independent Media Center * WRFU-LP  |
| Check http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/ for more details!    |