[Rfu-barnraising] Re: [Imc] BR Mtg Minutes: Sept 21, 2005

Lynsee Melchi Lynsee at illinoisalumni.org
Fri Sep 23 23:20:15 CDT 2005

Jennifer

I can understand what your email expressed as far as feeling removed
from the main BR process. But entertainment is a part of the BR and it
will be helpful to have someone from your group there to represent the
interest of the shows group when decisions are being made. Also we are
having phone conferences w/Prometheus radio and we really need all
involved groups (no matter how involved) to be present when we speak
w/them. This is a IMC-wide event, regardless of the fact that it
highlights WRFU, and we need to show Prometheus that we are approaching
it as one solid organization...not just various working groups working
individually. This is a pretty huge event and we need everyone to be on
the same page.

As far as the space stuff I also know what you mean...mostly I just
ignore those conversations. But, shows will be the main users of the
performance space and it only makes sense that you all have some say in
how it's divided and built up, right? Plus there are things about the
radio studio and how it's put together that will affect shows as far as
getting them broadcast and all that...I think. Like I said I try to
avoid the tech stuff...I'm more of a public relations type.

I hope that you guys, no matter how tiny, will strive to send someone to
our meetings in order to represent your interests.

Thanks
Lynsee
Radio Free Urbana