[Rfu-barnraising] freezer on! food a' comin!

Molly Stentz molly at ucimc.org
Mon Sep 26 16:56:52 CDT 2005

Hey y'all,

Just an update:

I stopped by last nite and turned on the freezer and put some stuff in it.
I will be transporting more already frozen goods tonight or tomorrow
hopefully. Please leave it on and know that I will be packing it full of
food for the barnraising.

Yesterday, Laurence Mate, Stuart Tarr and I spent the day roasting about
30-40 pounds of organic sweet red peppers (graciously donated by Blue Moon
organic farm) which we then skinned and froze. These will make for
delicious sandwiches come November. If you haven't ever tried these
yummy peppers, you'll be in for a treat!

If anyone else can lend a hand preserving food or has any leads on
donations, please, please contact me! We need to recruit some more folks.
I am roping in Co-op and Prairie Table folks, but we need some more
IMCsters to help out. Or friends of IMCsters? Parents of IMCsters?
Co-workers of IMC-sters? Pets of IMCsters? (uh, just kidding..)

Anybody wanna help out with food stuff? I'll teach ya....

-Molly