[Rfu-barnraising] technical manual for the barnraising!

Andy Gunn andy at prometheusradio.org
Mon Sep 26 18:06:15 CDT 2005

hi all, sorry i have been a little out of the loop lately.  well, its time to get down to brass tacks or whatever they say.  i have attached the technical manual - if you are on the tech team for the barnraising - PLEASE READ IT.  it will help us survive this whole 'radio station building' thing we are about to embark on.

one of the things that it doesn't talk about in detail is the acutal building of the station over the course of the weekend.  that is something that i will have more information on shortly.  there will be about a dozen people that are tasked with organizing 'work groups' - such as studio wiring, or tower prep, or table / shelf building.  these groups oversee a particular aspect of the station building.  it helps people plug in, because there is a person (or a few people) that know what specific tasks need to get done, and can take volunteers and incorporate them into the workflow.  more on that later.

for now, just focus on the prep tasks for the studio and spaces.  i have a few questions:
 - is there a 'tech point person' for the group?
 - what is the status of the structural engineering report for the building and is the decision to go forward with putting the tower on the roof, or were people leaning towards the tower on the ground outside of the building or at the other site?
 - where is the downstairs studio in the blueprints? - the rooms down there are not all labeled (except for storage rooms).  we should start talking about the construction of the rooms for soundproofing and acoustics.
 - i have checked the wiki, and it looks like much of the equipment is accounted for, but has there been discussion on other equipment for the studios?  (computers, production / automation software, turntables, telephone interfaces, minidisk inputs, auxilliary inputs, etc).

alright, let me know if y'all have any questions regarding the manual!  take care,
-a

|  Andy Gunn - Technical and Training Organizer  |
| Prometheus Radio Project - prometheusradio.org |
|    andy at prometheusradio.org   215-727-9620     |