[Rfu-barnraising] Barnraising 9.28.05

katharan at prometheusradio.org katharan at prometheusradio.org
Fri Sep 30 13:32:13 CDT 2005

we're setting up the online registration form now, and are currently
trying to figure out a way to best utilize the spaceshare online community
board.  It is a little cumbersome, and we did end up coordinating most
housing & transportation needs ourselves rather than through the
board--however, it would be great if we could figure out a way to maximize
the functionality of spaceshare so that people would use it to meet their
ride & housing needs.

We could monitor it for information like, say, airport arrivals & pick-ups.

We're going to try to talk to the spaceshare man about this today and see
what he says about improving its functionality for us--

thanks

Kate

> howdy folks,
>
> we decided that the space on-line board was a bust.  someone still
> needed to monitor the whole process and it was rather clunky.  the
> board does seem to work for ride shares, though i have no idea how many
> people used it for the GRC/northampton barnraising.
>
> i JUST finished a rough draft of the complete conference manual.  it is
> all in one document right now and i'm trying to figure out how to send
> it (54 pages!), but it seems like you all are doing a great job.
> thanks for taking on this organizing. it is for a really good cause --
> getting people together to demystify radio broadcasting.
>
> -margo
>
> On Thursday, September 29, 2005, at 07:20  AM, btaylor at prairienet.org
> wrote:
>
>> hi molly,
>>
>> thanks for all the excellent work.  prometheus has used a computer ride
>> and space matching system in the past.  i found it awkward to navigate
>> and
>> extract info from, and not too many folks used it for the
>> grc/northampton
>> barnraising, but it's already a functional system.
>>
>> if need to store bread, etc. in the kalyx freezer, let me know.  i can
>> stop by somewhere every trip i make to town to haul stuff back.
>>
>> peace, bill
>>
>>> Food Update:
>>> I have talked with the Herring and Channing Murray folks, who have
>>> preliminarily said yes. The channing is fine as long as herring
>>> approves.
>>> They also wanted to know what we could offer them in return for using
>>> their space.. (uh... a community radio station that will be a public
>>> asset
>>> for years to come? how about that?) I told them they could be listed
>>> as
>>> sponsors on literature (when we have some!) and that we could do PSAs
>>> for
>>> them once the station is on air. Is there anything else?
>>>
>>> The herring doesn't use their kitchen on the weekends and some
>>> staffers
>>> indicated they thought it would be fine to let us use it. One caveat
>>> is
>>> that the herring has a Friday night dinner so we could most likely
>>> not use
>>> the kitchen at that time. But, that being said, the herring has a
>>> friday
>>> night dinner and maybe we could join them if we sent over some
>>> volunteers
>>> to help prepare! I will talk to Katie the RHVR mgr to get a firmer
>>> idea of
>>> what is possible.
>>>
>>> So, that's good news, eh?
>>>
>>> RE: housing-
>>>
>>> can we set up an online CGI form that people could fill out to
>>> register
>>> for a place to stay? Then we could get a list of responses and match