[Rfu-outreach] Publicity opportunity

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Thu Mar 27 12:49:47 CDT 2008

I'm at the National Federation of Community Broadcasters conference
in Atlanta (for my dissertation research). The 'Michael Bader' award
(the major award provided by NFCB) has just been given to Hugo
Morales, founder of Radio Bilingue.

This offers a wonderful opportunity for us to draw attention to WRFU
in other local media. I imagine a press release noting the award,
that RB is available on WRFU 2-4pm daily, and drawing attention to
other programming by and for Latino, and allied, communities (such as
Radio RRR and The Show).

It would be preferable to have both English- and Spanish-language
versions of the release - these could be prepared by different
individuals either separately or through translation.

Is anyone available/willing to take on part of this?

Andrew