[Trees-chairs] D away from himself all the water of the N

Marabella Apostal powderizes at partylife.cz
Fri Sep 24 16:09:47 CDT 2010

T. In

this Buto there is a temple of Apollo and Artemis; and the
temple-house of Leto, in which the Oracle is, is both great in itself
and has a gateway of the height of ten fathoms: but that which caused
me most to marvel of the things to be seen there, I will now tell.
There is in this sacred enclosure a house of Leto made of one single
stone upon
the top, the cornice measuring

four cubits. This house then of all the things that were to be seen by

me in that temple is the most marvellous, and among those which come
next is the island called Chemmis. This is situated in a deep and
broad lake by the side of the temple at Buto, and it
is said by the Egyptians that this island is a floating island.
I myself did not see it either floating about or moved from its place,
and I feel
surprise at hearing of it, wondering if it be indeed a floating
island. In this island of which I speak there is a great temple-house
of Apollo, and three several altars
are set up within, and there are planted in the island
many palm-trees and other trees, both bearing fruit and not bearing
fruit. And the Egyptians, when they say that it is floating, add this
story, namely that in this island which
form