[Trees-mobilization] Nd those ten minutes there did not seem, j

Ingenito Agosti mesogastrium at 2gsm.com
Sun Sep 26 20:48:23 CDT 2010

Lossoms were out and the world
was fresh and young. Diana was at Green Gables to meet her. In her own
white room,
where Marilla had set a flowering house rose
on the window sill, Anne looked about her and drew

a long breath of happiness. "Oh, Diana, it's so good to be back again.
It's
so good to see those pointed firs coming out
against the pink sky--and that white orchard and the old Snow Queen.
Isn't the breath of the mint delicious? And that tea rose--why,

it's a song and a hope and a prayer all in one. And it's GOOD
to see you again, Diana!" "I thought you liked that Stella Maynard
better than me," said Diana reproachfully. "Josie Pye told me you did.
Josie said you were INFATUATED with her." Anne laughed and pelted Diana
with the faded "June lilies" of her bouquet. "Stella Maynard is the
dearest girl in the world except one and you are that one, Diana," she
said. "I love you more than ever--and I've so many things to tell you.
But just now I feel as if it were joy enough to sit here and look at
you. I'm tired, I think--tired
of being studious and ambitious. I mean to spend at least two hours
tomorrow lying out in the orchard grass, thinking of absolutely
nothing." "You've done splendidly, Anne. I suppose you won't be teaching
now that you've won the Avery?" "No. I'm going to Redmond in September.
Doesn't it seem wonderful? I'll have a brand new stock of ambition laid
in by

that time after three glorious, golden months of
vacation. Jane and Ruby are going to teach. Isn't it splendid
to think we all got through

even to Moody Spurgeon and Josie Pye?" "The Newbridge
trustees have offered Jane their school already," said Diana