[UC-ODDMUSIC] anti-war flash-chorus saturday 2:15pm!

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:59:41 CST 2009

Please forward to singing types in the area:

Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort (AWARE) will demonstrate for peace this
Saturday Dec. 5 from 2 to 4 p.m. on the corner of Main and Neil in
downtown Champaign.

Under the auspices of ODDMUSIC-UC, I invite those of you who want war
no more, and who like to sing, from 2:15 until we get hoarse, to form
a "flash chorus" to sing Rzewski's "NO MORE WAR" round as part of the
demonstration.

The music is a round in 2 sections for any number of voices (the more
the better I'd say).  It's a teeny bit tricky, so I made a page with a
mockup recording, and the score for viewing and printing:

http://polyproject.wikispaces.com/no+more+war

Rzewski is an expat American composer who penned this round in August
2005.  Rounds are no fun to sing alone, please join me!

Thanks!
Jacob Barton
http://oddmusicuc.wordpress.com/