[UC-ODDMUSIC] office hours & oddmusic convergence

Andrew Heathwaite gtrpkt at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 11:25:28 CST 2009

Hi friends,

A reminder: we're hosting Office Hours at th Oddstrumentarium - room 21A in th IMC - tonight from 7 to 9:30.  Feel free to stop in; bring a piece you're working on, if you wanna.  You don't need to come tonight in order to perform tomorrow, but you're welcome to.

And tomorrow is Oddmusic Convergence '09 in th main space of th IMC, starting at 7:30.  It will feature responses to four (or so) invitations*.  We have some pieces we know about, & we're inviting more pieces to "show up" tomorrow.  We'll be there as early as 6:30, so if you want a sound check for your piece, do come early.

Lookingforward,
Andrew

*Invitations to provoke performances:

	* 0. ODDMUSIC - What is Oddmusic?  Show us.
	* 1. METABLUES - Write a “blues” song which points, instead of at old problems framed in th old language, new problems which demand a new language.
	* 2. MICROTONES - Write a piece in an odd tuning (one which is non-redundant with conventional wisdom).
	* 3. CONTRAPTIONS – Write a piece for an odd instrument (or a not-so-odd instrument played in an odd way).
	* 4. UTOPIA – Write a piece which speaks of alternatives not yet possible in the current system.  For example, a false statement bulletin.