[UC-ODDMUSIC] Becoming a working group + Ukulele workshop

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:03:32 CDT 2009

The fun part first:  Dave King, the DUKE of UKE, will be offering a workshop
for aspiring ukulelists! THIS SUNDAY at 5:30 pm.  Please alert your area
ukulelists to RSVP to the nearest Jacob (udderbot at gmail.com) to reserve a
spot. Office hours will happen afterwards as usual, and you are as usual
invited to bring any questions or things you've been working on for some
kind of conversation.

Meanwhile:

UC-ODDMUSIC is going to try out being a WORKING GROUP of the UC-IMC, on an
ad-hoc basis, to be proposed this evening at an IMC Steering Meeting.  This
would mean we would not have a mere tenant relationship with the IMC but
also be thinking of ourselves as a group who is actively *doing the work of
the IMC*.  We would need to have a spokesperson to attend the monthly
steering meetings and would thus have a voice in (and responsibility for)
the IMC as a whole.  If you are interested in this possibility, come to the
steering meeting and see what it's all about.

Thanks:
Jacob Barton
Andrizzle Heathwaite