[UC-ODDMUSIC] (some of) what's new; (& Sunday = Office Hours)

Andrew Heathwaite gtrpkt at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 00:31:30 CDT 2009

Hello to you, friends of Odd, friends of Music,

Things look interesting to us.  Let's tell!

* Review for Some

Oddmusic Urbana-Champaign is building a library of unusual and usual musical
instruments at the UC-IMC and facilitates events to connect
experimental composition, microtonality, & instrument-building with non-sectarian
radical social change.  We insist upon “music” as a type of “odd,”
desirable when it avoids the same old society telling itself what it
already knows.

* Reflections on Grand(e) Opening

On August 15, Oddmusic U-C hosted a Grand(e) Opening at the Independent Media Center.  The event masqueraded as a concert, and largely, we (Jacob & I) intended it as a network of fresh and irresistable invitations.  We want friends of Odd & friends of Music to be friends with our project.

Thus:
More events to come, and you're invited to make them happen with us!

For more on this and that, see blog.

*Office Hours Resume on Sunday nights!

Oddmusic Office Hours refers to a time when we make our space open for anyone to stop in and see/make what the heck.  In August, we experimented with moving office hours to Saturdays, and now we're moving them back to Sundays.

So:
I invite you, yes you, to come visit room 223 in the IMC this Sunday, September 6, sometime between 7pm and 9:30.  Jacob will be out-of-town, but I'll be there, ready for anything odd.  I've got odd instruments to share, odd ideas, and a hankering for your kind company.  Spread the word!

* Oddmusic Moving Downstairs

Oddmusic is going to have a room change!  We're moving down to the IMC basement, just down the hall from Books to Prisoners, the Bike Project, and the Costume Closet.  Jacob and I are excited about this, and we intend to eventually schedule a moving party.  So if you'd like to give some time to help us lug our odd whatnot down some stairs, keep an eye on this email list!

That's (some of) what's new.
[Insert favorite positive interjection]!

Thank you all for your support so far; I look forward to future togethers.

With love (for Odd and Music and You),
Andrew Heathwaite