[UC-ODDMUSIC] this sat: Microtonal Refretting Skillshare

Andrew Heathwaite gtrpkt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 23:27:22 CDT 2010

This Saturday, July 10 at 11 AM,
Andrew Heathwaite (me) is hosting a skillshare on Microtonal Refretting
at th Independent Media Center (202 S Broadway, Urbana IL).

Andrew Heathwaite of Oddmusic  Urbana-Champaign demonstrates a cheap DIY
approach to modifying a guitar  (or any fretted string instrument) to play in
alternative tunings  systems.  He will present & perform on his two successful
microtonal  refrets: a 22-tone acoustic guitar and a harmonic lap dulcimer.  No
experience in carpentry or microtunings is necessary, just an  experimental
desire.

You're invited to bring something that you want defretted, & we can defret it on
th spot!  Refretting will take a little longer, but I can get you started....
You're also invited to donate a currently-fretted instrument to Oddmusic for
further refretting experiments!  Your donation will get refretted in the coming
months to a microtonal scale & used to write microtonal compositions!

See you there perhaps,
Andrew