[UC-ODDMUSIC] Another psaltery experiment

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:35:13 CDT 2010

I purchased a cheap tuner that reads cents in the form of a note + dial
wiper cents in 5 cent increments. So for this time I have an idea of what I
tuned my psaltery to by ear. I had intended to try a phi section tuning but
my mind couldn't wrap around the implementation for now and I think the
weights of strings aren't too suitable as well.

Nonetheless:

here is the tuning for the files linked to this message:

G# + 15 cents
D# + 25 cents
B + 8 cents
G# + 35 cents
D# + 35 cents
C - 30 cents
D# + 0 cents (above the C)
G# + 35 cents (below the C)

The tuning doesn't look too interesting to my eyes but it sounds ok.

http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/improvfriday/IF20101105-psaltery.mp3

(same thing with effects)
http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/improvfriday/IF20101105-psaltery-processed.mp3