[UC-ODDMUSIC] Fwd: Prison choir talk

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:58:40 CST 2010

This, from the Education Justice Project.  Neat opportunity, though I'll be
gone...

*Guest Music Lecture at Danville Prison*
Mary Cohen, professor of music at the University of Iowa, will speak to an
audience of Danville students and guests at the Danville Correctional Center
as part of our Spring Lecture Series.  Professor Cohen will talk about her
work with an Iowa choir composed of incarcerated and non-incarcerated
singers.  We'll hear music and possibly even have the chance to join our
voices together.  EJP must obtain clearances now for guests who do not
currently hold clearances.  Please contact Rebecca directly if you would
like to attend;  deadline Friday Dec. 3.   Monday January 10, 2011
Danville CC.   5 - 9pm (including travel time.  Carpools arranged.)

Rebecca Ginsburg,
Director, Education Justice Project
Assistant Professor,  Landscape Architecture
805 West Pennsylvania  Ave, #218 (MC-057)
University of Illinois
Urbana, IL  61801
217-265-6737 (phone) 217-333-9617 (fax)
www.educationjustice.net