[UC-ODDMUSIC] Home Made Psaltry

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:37:04 CDT 2010

I thought this appropriate to post with the connection to Denny & oddmusic
Urbana

a picture is here

http://notonlymusic.com/board/download/file.php?id=1635&mode=view

Being inspired by Denny Genovese using a psaltry at the oddmusic garden walk
through I made a solid body psaltry which will be electrified at some future
point. The recording I have here was made with a Zoom H2 sitting next to the
psaltry. I tuned it by ear and checking it in V-Vocal it appears to be JI
but more or less a mixed 3-limit. The recording is played without and with
effects.

http://notonlymusic.com/board/download/file.php?id=1634

Play online at http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=282

Materials used to construct it

18″ Wooden Table Top
Towel Rack
Set of tuners salvaged from a classical guitar
E, A, D strings from a clearance set of electric guitar strings
A U-bolt from a hardware store